Thursday, August 19, 2010

Keeping Streisand at Bay

We are watching (and sitll haven't finished) the Judy Garland version of A Star is Born. Because Nick didn't know who Liza Minelli was. And he had never seen Judy in anything but Wizard of Oz. So that's that. I have never seen a Barbra Streisand movie, because I find her so obnoxious.

On a totally unrelated note, you should go see the new Jennifer Aniston movie, because it is based on a Eugenides short story. It's really a story about boys, I think, so maybe it won't be so relevant here, but we all know how much I love Jeff, so I will go. Actually, since I will be home so soon, we could probably go together.

I think that's all I have to add. You caught on to the essential problem/paradox/weirdness of Ms. Piggy being a badass, but also being played by a guy. Drag characters in general may come up here a lot actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment